Tuesday, October 25, 2011

In Search Of

Watching the video about filter bubbles scared me a little bit, it made me worry that when i search for things im not finding what I really want. Especially knowing what the people in my family often search for on the internet makes me worry that the results I get when I google things are completely off from what I'm looking for. I also felt invaded by Google, that they constantly know what I'm searching for and my location, it's unsettling and I realized I have no privacy when it comes to the internet and I can be targeted by certain advertizers.
So to make my search on Shakespeare more fair and widespread, I used a different search engine that doesn't use filters and checked multiple, trustworthy websites. When I did use Google I looked at websites that gave a full spectrum of information, not just one-sided arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment